Saturday, May 17, 2008

Added Links

I've added some links to my sidebar. One of these days I should break the links section into several parts for ease of use. But for now, I just added to the one list, which is semi-organized.

One of the new links is to a favorite Bible site--it reads the Bible aloud, which is really great for those days I'd rather listen than look. And it's easy to find the passage if you know the reference (if not, my strategy is just to type a phrase into a search engine... usually several links on the first page will tell me the reference). I'd not been familiar with the ESV translation until recently, but a Bible teacher mentioned it in his list of good literal translations, saying it tends to consistently translate the same Greek (or other original language) word into the same English word, so the English reader will know when a word is repeated.

I also linked to a site with a lot of great resources. I love the Linked Word Project; it has each English word or phrase underlined as a link to an application box showing the original word (transliterated to use familiar characters), its definition, and a summary of its uses.

Some of the other links are to various health information resources. Rather than searching the Internet for health conditions and pharmaceuticals, I look them up on sites like these so that I know I'm getting good information.

1 comment:

purple_kangaroo said...

Some interesting links there--thanks!